Monday, April 29, 2013

April 29, 2013

Sitting here on Friday morning listening to round 1 of the NFL draft and Skypeing with my NFL buddy John Jayson.  Love the Raiders trade out of the #3 to the 12th and 42nd pick, but not sure about DJ Hayden.  Al always loved a speedy man to man coverage corner and his ghost is helping direct Reggie's hand.  My buddy is a Bills fan, and while he was happy with trading down from 8 to 16, they took EJ Manual?   Going to be funny to talk about that pick a year or two from now.  Haw haw.  He talked me into having a drink with him while we watched it together, which was nice, except it started at 8AM here and now need to go take a nap.

OK...am back.  Gotta watch out for those morning drinking sessions as that can get ugly for a guy without a job.  I love asparagus and they have a good variety here and eat it quite often.  Am always amazed at how fast it reacts with urine and creates that pungent smell.  Last night, I ate a bunch and literally smelled it in my pee 10 minutes later.  I read that it is due to a sulphurous compound in asparagus called mercaptan, but that not everyone experiences this smell as the enzyme in the body that does so is distributed genetically.  I thank my gene pool for bestowing me with this fabulous gift.

I've mentioned before how Betty is darker skinned than your average Chinese and how bent she gets when they assume she is Filipina.  The other day, she needed a quality passport sized photo for some visa and went to a local photographer to get it taken.  As she is leaving, the women tells her that she will touch up the photo and Betty told her to please not do anything.  These Taiwanese are so pathological about their skin and it looking like tofu, that the photography lady ran right through Betty's stop sign and gave her a digital makeover.
I have not laughed as loud or hard in a long time.






1 comment:

  1. Seriouly....mom and I both thought this photo is not as bad.....she's still very dark!!

    ReplyDelete