Sunday, February 6, 2022

February 6th, 2022

It was Chinese New Year week.  We have traditionally been on the road this week and so never noticed a couple of things.  Saw a a ton of families going for walks together for instance.  In almost all cases, dad looks more miserable than the kids.  And Betty did all kinds of unusual things, like doing the laundry.  We were talking about it with some people and I pointed out how unusual it was for her to voluntarily strip the bed and do the sheets as that is my thing, and she mentioned a time when The Boy was of a certain age and she said I told her not to pick up his socks in his room with the implication that he would have pleasured himself with/on them.  I said that could never have happened as she would never pick up the kids dirty clothes   A new gag I've been putting in rotation is that Betty says that when covid is over, she wants me to take her somewhere she's never been before and I reply, 'How about the kitchen?'.   Thanks Henny Youngman...

We had a few get togethers at our place this week.  A quiet hot pot with another couple on New Year's Day.  On day 3 of CNY, Betty had her local relatives over with Uncle Larry doing the heavy lifting in the kitchen.  Pretty big spread and the obligatory guzzling of all the whisky.

Yours truly makes a cameo as wine steward
Baseball tryouts begin on Monday.  Covid has so far been kept in check so we are starting as planned.  To celebrate, we hosted the baseball and softball coaching staffs (and their significant others) for a night of baseball related BS



A funny group that would likely never get together if it wasn't for the love of the game.  We were chatting about some of the prospects and got to break out one of my new sayings...there are three types of ball players.  Ones that make things happen, ones that watch things happen, and those that wonder what just happened.

Maybe it is because we haven't left town for ages, but this winter feels like it has been consistently colder for longer than any other time we've been here.  Not a complaint cause colder here is like late September in Seattle so love it, I just want to document it for scientific purposes and to also note I don't constantly complain about the weather.

Knees have been pretty good.  I notice them when I get up for a few steps, and there is some isolated pain from time to time, but they are bending great and can walk for miles and barely feel them.  What is very concerning is my ankle has been bugging me something fierce...the ankle that had been fused in 2004.  I figured there would be some weird aches from using muscles that I had been avoiding as I limped around, but this ankle thing is very worrisome.  The work that needed to be done on that ankle was pretty severe.  I jumped down a handful of steps in front of my dorm in 1984 and cracked my navicular bone.  It was different times...I don't think I took the doctors's advice seriously and was heavily self-sedating myself, and it never healed properly.  It didn't really bother me until I had ACL surgery in 2000-and something on that leg, and during that rehab it really started acting up.  In a post-ACL follow-up visit to the doctor, I was complaining about it and they took a quick X-ray, and when the doctor looked at it he said "were you in a serious car accident or something?"  

I then got with a foot doctor who said that the bone had fragmented and pieces were all over, and the way to fix it was by taking marrow out of my hip and fusing the joint.  3 days in the hospital in the worst pain I've ever had, ruthless months of rehab and staying off of it, but all good ever since...until now.  I really hope it is just an adjustment to a new way of walking and not another debilitating structural issue cause I was hoping to walk normal for a while.  Hopefully, this is the last I'll post about that.

In family matters, B-doll got into the Sorority she targeted.  Kappa Delta.  Their house sounds way cleaner than The Boy's flea/feces ridden frat house.  While that was a shithole, he did have a decent experience with frat life and has a bunch of friends that were made from that.  We hope that B-doll has a similar, but cleaner time with hers.  

Lastly for today, this movement against Joe Rogan doesn't feel right to me.  Neil Young isn't a shy guy...why not go on the podcast and tell him what you think?  Anytime you mess with the 1st Amendment, I get uneasy.  I listen to a a ton of podcasts but have never caught his.  I have heard him on stuff and seen him for years on shows and things, and he just seems like a dumb ass dude bro.  He even openly cops to that moniker.  So just because other DADB's think he has some good thoughts, we should take him down?  It isn't gonna enlighten any of them.  Don't we have more important fish to fry?



No comments:

Post a Comment